Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pain is NOT my friend.

{Post 92/365: Original Post: Sucks To Be ME}

 A week ago I found out for the first time yet what it feels like to have one of the cysts on my kidneys burst.  It is not fun or pleasant. It hurts.
I was laid up in bed for a week. I've spent the last couple of days resting as well because I don't want that to happen again any time soon!
Thankfully, tylenol takes the edge off and the heating pad relieves some of the pain.
Thank GOD for that because I really can't spend a week in the hot bath tub!! LOL
The thing about being stuck in bed is that you think about all the things that you need to do and can't right now and it can be very frustrating.
The thing about being in pain like that is that it is a constant throb and causes stress on your body and mind.  It is very difficult to concentrate on anything or focus so I had a hard time keeping up with my blogs and I had to "cheat" by posting things I had written previously. So, I decided maybe I should just write all the time and save the finished stories and posts to a folder for sick days! LOL
But, the thing is when you get back to normal again real life comes crashing back into focus and you're back to your same routine again of laundry, dishes and other housework and any other extra projects you've set for yourself for the week or the month.  Since I am a terribly unorganized individual there is really no regular way in which I keep track of all these things so what's next is whatever comes into my head or pops into my attention first.
I do try to write lists for myself but sometimes I lose them and sometimes I JUST don't FOLLOW them. So all I can do is keep trying to get my "stuff" together and hope with time I DO get better at it!
In the healthy pain free times I will try to keep myself busy and write extra things in case of the next "bursting cyst" moment.
Some parts of living with my diseases depresses and frustrates me MUCH.
I don't like the pain.  IT is NOT my friend.
BUT, I have decided I REFUSE to let it get me down OR at the very least KEEP me down! I will take the down time when it comes as a moment to collect my thoughts and take a deep breath before jumping in feet first again and running full tilt at the speed my brain requests of me.  It will be like the calm before the storm.
AND I think that I can do that.  I can use those times as breathing space, calm, down time to rest and replenish for the up times.  Full speed ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment