Friday, April 1, 2011

AJ's Basket

{Post 91/365: Original Post: What I Want MY Children to KNOW}


tiny wicker baby bassinet

inner lining sewn with love

sweater outfit placed tenderly

bonnet and booties
never to be worn
tiny baby boy bathing suit
and rubber duckies
from big brother
ceramic teddy bear 
and teddy bear candle
from sissy
an easter egg
a Christmas stocking
a birthday bear
month of December
and cookie monster baby toys
with love from mommy and daddy
and your baby book
folded up in a baby blanket 
and cover crocheted by momma
the book holds
our sleeping dream
in the pockets
pictures
a crocheted flower
a lost baby pocket
seashells for peace
a tiny crocheted baby blanket
a baby brush
momma's home test -positive
sympathy cards
your baby calendar
filled in, until...
a book for mommy's thoughts
of sorrow, of anguish
as she and daddy grieved your loss
once I lit a candle for you
but I need to no longer
I carry you with me always
and even more
when I look at the tattoo
over my heart
angel baby
I wish you could have stayed with me
but I love you no less
because you could not
your basket of things
sets my heart at ease

*love you forever*
mommy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment