Monday, April 4, 2011

I Stand Up For MYSELF

{Post 93/365: Original Post: I AM a QUEEN}
Part of being a strong, capable, independent queen is knowing when it is time to stand up for yourself. Sometimes there are occasions in life when people take advantage of your sweetness or goodness or inability to say no to them.
It is good to learn and cultivate the ability to say NO without feeling guilty.
Time for yourself is imperative. Knowing when it is time to say No and learning to say it is also important. It is also imperative that you know yourself well enough to understand WHEN you are allowing people to walk over you or treat you like a door mat and learn to assert yourself. Your voice should be heard too. Your opinion matters just as much. Be careful you don't just let everyone else have their way without even expressing to them what your needs and desires are as well.
Don't be afraid to say, "I don't think I want to do that, I think I would prefer this instead!" You don't have to please everyone else all the time. Sometimes it IS ok that you want them to accommodate you as well! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment