Sunday, April 24, 2011

30 Day WHAT I LIKE ABOUT BOYS Challenge: Post #13

{post 114/365: Original Post: (13/30) Burgers, Boys & BEER}

I love a boy who is a good UNCLE to his nephews and nieces, BROTHER to his siblings, SON to his father, FATHER to his sons and daughters, and HUSBAND to his wife, or BOYFRIEND to his girlfriend.

All of these aspects of a man are important and if he is good at one or more of these jobs you can be sure he is a GOOD man. A boy who takes these roles seriously and does his part to be a role model for the younger ones coming up behind him helps distinctly in the creation of MORE boys with responsibility and decency and continues a legacy of goodness. I like to see and know this man. I like to watch a man who nurtures. There is also an aspect of older boys and younger boys sharing all those quintessentially BOY things that all boys do...when they laugh over gross things, when they find the stupidest things absolutely hysterical, when the older and "wiser" boy teaches the younger what tools and ideas he has about life, when they are having fun and maybe even when they are helping each other deal with stress and sorrow or other hardships. 
I see these things sometimes with my own boys and especially now that they are older. It is beautiful.
When my oldest was young I could see him starving for this kind of attention and relationship. I raised him by myself until he was 6. I appreciate so much that he can be this older teacher for his younger brother and I know that the younger one is LUCKY to have it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment