Thursday, September 8, 2011

LEARNING to take care of yourself...

{Post: 251/365 Original Post: I AM a QUEEN}
I find learning to care for myself difficult because I've spent the better part of my life taking care of others most specifically my husband and my children but, also being available for friends and family too.
I LOVE to do all of that. I am happy to take care of anyone who needs me to do so.
I am beginning to understand though that I deserve to be taken care of too.
By MYSELF!
Following is a list of some things that I am going to TRY very much to begin to do for myself. Some of them are things that I have done before but, many of them are things that I have never done and learning to do them is somewhat of a challenge for me. I'm not really sure why...
However, it is LONG OVERDUE time that I take better care of myself so that I may continue to take care of my people as well.
I WILL try to:




  • Wash my hair with my fave shampoos.


  • Buy special soap once in awhile.


  • Don't feel guilty for having to pay extra for a bubble bath!


  • Paint my fingers and toes.


  • Moisturize arms, legs, hands, feet and body.


  • Dress up to feel better.


  • Have a good and positive attitude.


  • Eat fruits and veggies.


  • Drink 8 glasses of water a day.


  • OR take the time to make a cup of tea.


  • Get enough sleep!


  • Keep busy with hobbies and exercise my mind!


  • Walk, ride exercise bike or DRUM for exercise!


  • Journal for health.


  • Plan healthy meal plans and stick with them.




  • Follow any or all of these things yourself if you want and learn to take care of YOU too!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment