Sunday, March 6, 2011

Turkey Sausage Soup

{Post 64/365: Original Post: FatCatMomma's Fave Fare}


We had a package of turkey sweet italian sausage in the freezer and some different bags of Europe's Best vegetable mixes and s I decided to make a nice soup for dinner.
I went searching for a recipe to start as my base and I made substitutions where I needed to and the end resul was this recipe:
  • Fill pot with water.
  • Add 2 cans of tomato paste.
  • Add 1/2 cup of salsa.
  • Add one bag of Europe's Best Nature's Balance vegetables (or veggies you prefer).
  • Bring all to a boil...THEN...
  • Cut sausage into medallions and brown in fry pan. Add to pot.
  • Add one cup of uncooked pasta (elbows or shells).
  • Cook till pasta softens. Serve.
Try it and let me know if it is something you liked! 
I'm not a fan of either spinach or asparagus which are both in that bag of veggies but even I have to admit the soup is delicious and good for you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment