Monday, March 7, 2011

MUSIC I LOVE: Sweater Song~Hedley

{Post 65/365: Original Post: Reading, Writing & Rocking MY World}
She said, "Baby, don't leave.
Be home, stay close, be close to me.
Boy, don't be gone. Boy, don't be gone."
He said, "Baby, you know,
I gotta run. I gotta go.
I won't be long. Girl, I won't be long."

She said, "Boy don't you flirt
and, baby, please just don't get hurt
and if you feel alone, then here, take my shirt."
He said, "Forever, girl. I know you hate the weather, girl.
So, maybe you should hold onto my sweater, girl."

Na na na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na na 

She ran, picked up the phone,
said, "Babe, I miss you. Come back home.
It can't be long. Boy, it can't be long."
He said, "I hate this place.
I miss your smile. I miss your face.
I wrote a song. Girl, I wrote a song."

She said, "You make me better, boy.
I just mailed you a letter, boy
and, oh, so you know, I'm still in your sweater, boy."
He said, "Girl, don't be hurt.
I've sweat a lot and smell of dirt,
But I think I'd feel naked without your shirt."

Na na na na na na na na na na 
Na na na na na na na na na 

He said, "You're looking great.
I'm home. I'm back. I couldn't wait.
Girl, way too long. That was way too long."
She said, "Get over here.
I crave you close. I need you near.
Now play that song. Boy, play me our song."

He said, "Back to forever, girl.
Hope you endured the weather, girl.
Now all I wanna do is get you outta that sweater, girl."
She said, "I love the way you flirt.
I'm so glad you didn't get hurt.
Now let me see you naked, without that shirt."[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/h/hedley-lyrics/the-sweater-song-lyrics.html ]

                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I LOVE this song! The first time I heard it I thought of the first boy I was ever crazy about. My first best friend. My first kiss. My first champion.
The first boy to ever pick me flowers, hold my hand when I was scared, sit for hours and let me put my head on his shoulder, the first boy to ever give me his sweater when I was cold, and the boy I have measured all other boys by since.
He was an awesome boy with awesome qualities and I have to say THANK YOU Hedley for writing a song that makes me remember him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment