Wednesday, February 2, 2011

10 Unforgettable Moments in MY Life

{Post 33/365: Original Post:Feel ME}
1. Once upon a memorable moment...when I was 18 I had my first baby. It was both wonderful and terrifying and I will never forget the process.

2.Then again when I was 19 I had another memorable moment. Baby #2. The first had been a boy and the second was a girl.  They were like night and day. There were some negative things happening in my life at the time but, baby girl was a bright, joyful addition to it.

3.The year I turned 23 I lost my father. It is unforgettable. I'm 40 and there are still days when I miss him very much. Nobody else in the world really understands my insanity as much as he seemed to. Mom always calls me my father's daughter after all.

4.The year I turned 26 I met my husband.  I knew right away that he was the one for me.  he did not.  He had to think about it more.  Who could blame him really? I was a package deal with two babies! But...he CHOSE me! The rest is history. ;)

5.Hmmm...in 1998 hubby and I got married. I didn't have my best girlfriend stand up for me because we weren't talking at the time I planned the wedding (tho she did come to the wedding because we'd made up by then). I had a MAN of Honour. He not only stood up for me but, he saved my life that day!  I FORGOT my dress. I know, I know...how can a woman forget her wedding dress? THE most important part!! Well, I made it myself and it had to hang on the back of door so it wouldn't get messed up. I stood in the bedroom looking all around to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything but the door was open so I didn't even think about the dress hanging on back of it. So we drove all the way to Minett where we got married which was about 40 minutes from our house and I realized I had forgotten the dress. :( OMG...you have no idea how freaked out I was!! Then Don, my Man of Honour said don't worry I'm going to get it for you.  He drove all the way there and back and retrieved the dress. I was only half an hour or so late for my own wedding! Poor Peter...thought I'd bailed on him! lol (not really but was wondering what crazy thing I had done to be so late!)

6.The day I lost my third baby was unforgettable.
It was a horrible experience so I'm not going to elaborate but, believe me NO parent should ever lose their child and I have deep compassion for those who have.
He would have been a beautiful baby boy and we named him Andrew Jordan(AJ).

7.And then came Gibson. My joyful, beautiful, sweet, angel baby.
The whole pregnancy was scary, I was high risk, I had gestational diabetes, I worried because of losing AJ and somehow we managed to get through all of it to hold the sweetest, happiest baby ever!

8.A beautiful series of moments came into my life in the shape of hubby's friend Shawn. He's like a brother to me and I couldn't be happier to have found and created the bond that we have with him. Love you WIP, always! xo

9.There has been nothing in my life before or as of yet to equal the emotions and changes in me since meeting my muse.
He was the catalyst for many changes that I am still in the process of making but it was GOOD and I will never regret the lessons he's brought to my life.

10.A wonderful experience came by accident and I will never forget it because it made me momma to the momma.  We got a pair of kittens but unlucky one of each and they made babies...2 litters actually and I ended up with 4 cats! The momma was still a baby herself though and she didn't really know what was happening so she came to me to take care of her and I got to be part of the birthing of both litters of her babies AND they stayed in a box beside my bed too so I could keep my eye on them.  It was wonderful to have her trust through the whole process so I could see babies from the moment of their birth to the first day they could climb out of the box, to NOW when they are grown and independent cats!

Perhaps for many these are small moments with little meaning but, to me are milestones of my life. The biggest and best moments that have touched and pleased and changed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment