Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Write what ya KNOW...

{Post 18/365: Original Post: Burgers, Boys & BEER}
Write what you know they say....hmmmmm....well alright...
Boys, burgers and BEER...in no particular order...lol
I can't say I know ALL the boys...there are just too many!! So MANY boys so little time!! hehehe
But, I know MY boys and I know what they like to eat because I've spent a lot of years FEEDING them...all the bad, fattening, awful-for-you party foods that we ALL enjoy eating! ;)...AND, yes I also have fed them good things as well!
I'm writing about menus and meals and restricted diet plans in a separate blog because I can't eat or drink too much of the fun stuff anymore but, there is no reason why I can't share all the yummies that we have all enjoyed over the years here for everyone else to try!!
So this is the party blog!!! WELCOME! ;)

I have always loved food.
I have at times used food to comfort myself.
I have been cooking food for others since I was 12 or 13 because my father was sick, my mother had to work and I had to help out! So I have always known how to cook for a family of four or more.
I get BORED! I grew up in a meat and potato meal home...you know...pork chops, a roast, steak, ham, whatever...WITH potatoes and some kind of veggie.  Also, usually with gravy too...and don't get me wrong...these are wonderful meals sometimes but I get BORED...I need variety in my food...it's the spice of life you know! lol
So I have learned to try a recipe and tweak it here and there sometimes to fit my own tastes or that of my hubby and we've tried MANY.  I LOVE this man for being the adventurous sort and being willing to eat all the many new recipes I have found and tried and also kind of invented over the years! Kudos to you honey...you've got an adventurous spirit! (Especially living through all the less than wonderful experiments too!)
Hubby is often the guinea pig that has to test some of the things the other boys just get to enjoy after they've already become something GOOD! lol
Tho my oldest son always says his fave things I make are the things I just kind of throw into a pot together! The standing joke around here is that we're having "pig puke" for supper (sorry!).
I have always been a nurturer and since I was eighteen and out on my own enjoyed cooking good meals for my friends.  Usually this happens at an annual Christmas Dinner but, also can be because we've decided to have friends over for a meal or we've planned a birthday potluck to celebrate our friend's birthdays as well as those of our family.
So, I may have many recipes, ideas and foods to share.
I might also have some funny friend stories.
I hope that I will express properly the love and joy I share with my friends and family at our parties and in our home and that you will feel you would be welcome at our table. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment