Wednesday, January 19, 2011

MY 10 Guilty Pleasures

{Post 19/365: Original Post: Sucks To Be ME}
Hmmmmmm....
Guilty Pleasures.
The phrase itself brings to mind many things that I enjoy even though I do have some guilt however small for doing so.
Here follows my list of ten (in no particular order):





  • 1. Alcohol.
    Vodka makes my bones ache, gin makes my fingers swell, beer makes me sleepy and nauseous, rye gets me drunk but sick for days, wine gives me wicked wicked heartburn, and tequila makes me an asshole-any wonder I don't want to drink? lol and yet, I miss the party...so on occasion I have a few and regret it later. :( It is a very guilty pleasure.


  • 2. Ebay.
    I can spend hours on ebay, watching a variety of things and sometimes get VERY good deals because I have the time to spend, watching, waiting, stalking my prize.
    I have, on occasion spent too much money purchasing items and YES I succumb to the temptation of WINNING the bid by jumping in at the last minute and out-bidding someone else just for the sheer fun of it!
    Usually though I am just happy to find something I can't get here where I live, have it shipped to my street, and fulfill a birthday or Christmas wish all at the same time.
    YES, this is sometimes a guilty PLEASURE!


  • 3. Chocolate.
    Enough said.


  • 4. Ice Cream
    A guilty pleasure because I ALWAYS pay for eating it.
    I no longer eat dairy every day. I am allowed 1/2 a cup a day but some days I have none and some days I might have twice that so ice cream is a very sinful treat but eating it hurts my tummy! :( (I will never give it up though!)
    It also elevates my sugar because I have type 2 diabetes.
    STILL...will have to feed my insatiable need for it...once in awhile. ;)


  • 5. Stationary
    It doesn't matter which store I shop in I LOVE the stationary section.
    Pens, paper, folders, notebooks, notepads, loose lined paper, memo books, hard back journals...you name it I LOVE it!
    It is beautiful to find a notebook with some cute design or statement.
    It is also beautiful to open a fresh unblemished page and allow your mind free reign of possibilities. I don't do THAT enough!


  • 6. PJs
    Actually, the guilty pleasure is in sitting around in them ALL day, even when I am NOT sick! Though when I am sick, pjs are a comfort. Curling up in my chair or on the couch in my pjs with my warm blankie to watch a movie or read a good book or magazine...HEAVEN!!


  • 7. CryBaby (movie with Johnny Depp)
    It is absolutely a ridiculously funny and quirky MUSICAL that I just love.
    It makes me laugh. I enjoy it. AND I am NOT ashamed to admit it! lol


  • 8. Ice Cream & Onion Rings
    I realize I already mentioned Ice Cream but the only thing better than it by itself is...
    eating onion rings for supper and ice cream for dessert.
    THIS is guaranteed to hurt...a LOT...but it is something I sometimes need to do...
    unfortunately for me and happily for the Drs. who take care of me, we no longer have a Dairy Queen where I can indulge this particular guilty pleasure! :( I MISS it soooooo much!!


  • 9. Jewelry Parts
    I can spend hours at the bead store digging and sorting through the mixed bead bin finding pieces and colours I like and can use.
    I can spend hours on ebay looking for everything I could possibly need and sometimes...spend way too much money because I get carried away and buy TOO MANY of the great deals at the same time which adds up you know!!
    I can spend hours on the internet in supplies catalogues as well.
    I frequently spend too much time looking for parts and also patterns but, I must say I ENJOY!


  • 10. Potatoes
    Baked, french fries, hash browns, patties, in a shepherd's pie, mashed and creamy with gravy, crunchy as potato chips, boiled new potatoes with butter, home fries, done in a pot roast, and even in soups and stews....I am meant to soak them for 6 hrs first, or double boil them but as you can see that would kind of spoil the way I enjoy eating them so I eat rice more often instead! I have as of yet, not been able to cut out potatoes completely tho I do try!

    So, now that I've shared my guilty pleasures with you...what are yours?
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment