Friday, February 3, 2012

Knowing

{Post: 34/365}
Do you know
how many times
you have known something
and forgotten it
until you relearn it
know it
and somehow forget it yet again
only to relearn it again
and repeat the process
over and over again?

Am I the only one this happens to?
I think many times
that I know what I need to know
when I need to know it
but somehow
I also know 
that it must have been something I knew before
or have always known and just forgotten
again

I think this process happens
so often
that what we know becomes
such a deep part of us
as intrinsic as breathing
that we are't aware how much we DO know
until we need to remember it
and then we are able to dredge up memories
and knowledge from our deep places

don't you find this remarkable?

No comments:

Post a Comment