Thursday, February 23, 2012

Down

{Post: 54/365}
I am unsure
yet again
do I make any dent
in my life?
do I make any difference
at all?
I feel
frustrated
uncertain
stuck
fractured
useless
lost
I am
struggling
uphill
all the way
I am wading
through deep water
up river against the tide
I sink
I sputter
I take two steps forward
and sometimes
many backwards again
sometimes
knocked over backwards so far down river again
I don't even know WHY
but I keep stepping
I keep climbing
trying
wading
swimming
trying to keep my head above water
trying to survive
trying to get somewhere
for long periods of time
I think that I just tread water
I go nowhere
but at least Im still in one place
instead of being pushed down river
by the tide
or rolling all the way back down to the bottom of the hill
I hold my ground
and that is something
I'm really tired
Could you bring me a boat?

No comments:

Post a Comment