Friday, June 17, 2011

June 16, 2011

{Post 167/365}

Happy Birthday Dad!
     I miss you so much. Your grandchildren are grown ups now and maybe I understand your stress and worry for me better now. It doesn't matter that they are grown and out in the world, I am still concerned that they are doing ok, following their own hearts, finding joy and contentment with their work and relationships and LIFE. The youngest one is also someone you would have loved so much! I am sad and sorry that you never got to know him but, even more so that he has never known YOU.
Sometimes life has such great sadness.
I am still trying to find my way through MANY challenges and come out on top.
I'm trying to learn to "Don't worry,be happy!" I know what you meant now.
I know there are many things I wish I had asked you, I wish I had known about you but, it is gone now and too late to get back. I am grateful for the things  did know and the time I did have.
Thank you for being a father I could be proud of.
More importantly for being a MAN I could be proud of and one to measure all other men by.
You were good, strong, compassionate, brave, honest and loving and I appreciate the things I have learned and the person I have become because of you.
Thank you dad for being you and being MINE.
I love you always and miss you so much! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment