Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I ACCEPT Myself

{Post 171/365: Original Post: I AM a QUEEN}
No person in this life is perfect.
No matter how ANYONE else looks to you they have FLAWS and imperfections just like any of us do. Sometimes it is difficult to see your own, recognize that they are JUST flaws and imperfections and accept yourself as you are. It is GOOD to strive to be better and grow and learn new things and improve upon oneself but, when these faults and flaws become something that you wish to beat yourself over the head with daily then you are NOT accepting yourself.
Everyone makes mistakes. It is how we learn!
I admit, some of us do make doozies! It's really not the end of the world though.
Pick yourself up, correct your mistakes as best you can, apologize for them if they have hurt anyone and move on! Don't hang onto all the negatives...feelings, recriminations, guilt. Don't punish yourself for having had the courage to try something new or different than your normal even if it didn't work out the way you wanted it to!
At least you had the courage to TRY!
So many people never even do that much!
It has taken me a long time to accept myself as I am. To accept the package that I come in, the experiences which have made me who I am, the mistakes and even the successes.
I have spent a long time wallowing in self pity and guilt for many stupid decisions I made in the past...but, that's the thing...it is in the PAST. It is OVER, DONE, can't be changed, can't be taken back, is in large part a huge part of who I am now because of the many things I learned about life, about other people and about myself but, carrying it along with me keeps me stuck in the quagmire of guilt and recriminations. That is SO unnecessary!
Shake it off! Shake off the old and make every day and every new thing NEW and REAL and NOW. Embrace it, be open to it, learn from it, GROW.
Accept yourself as the beautiful, vibrant, capable, intelligent human being that you are.
Accept that sometimes you are less than you could be and just continue striving to be better.
Don't try to be better than everyone else, just try to be a better you than you were yesterday!
EVERY DAY is a NEW day! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment