Sunday, October 16, 2011

I have dignity, pride, decency and compassion.

{Post 288/365 Original Post: I AM a QUEEN}

Dignity: noun, plural -ties.
1.
bearing, conduct, or speech indicative of self-respect or appreciation of the formality or gravity of an occasion or situation.
2.
nobility or elevation of character; worthiness: dignity of sentiments.

Pride: noun
2.
the state or feeling of being proud.
3.
a becoming or dignified sense of what is due to oneself or one's position or character; self-respect; self-esteem.

Decency: noun, plural -cies.
1.
the state or quality of being decent.
2.
conformity to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc.

Compassion: noun
1.
a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.

All definitions found @: http://dictionary.reference.com/



I have dignity because I respect myself.
I have pride because I am aware of myself and the respect I deserve.
I have decency because I allow that OTHERS have dignity and pride in themselves.
I have compassion because I understand that many do NOT and I wish to help them find themselves and their own self worth, self respect, dignity, pride, decency and compassion.
In this way we can help each other build ourselves better and stronger in order that SOMEDAY we will ALL have dignity, pride, decency and compassion.
I think then the world will be a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment